1. I haven't heard from him _____ he went to America.
2. He won't be here _____ he is invited.
3. He will not go to the cinema _____ he is very busy.
4. We found the key _____ she had left it.
5. We found the books
two days ____ he had gone away.
6. We had no sooner got to the station _____ the train left.
7. He speaks English ______ he were an Englishman.
8. He is explaining clearly _______ they could understand.
9. Do not leave the room _____ you have finished the test.
10. She sang ______ she went along.
11. You will succeed in the interview _________ you have confidence.
12. Much ______ I admire David as a poet, I don’t like him as a man.
13. Don’t promise anything ________ you are one hundred percent sure.
14. In time of serious accidents, ______ we know some basic things about first aid, we can
15. The doctor advised me to live ________ the air is fresh.
16. Guo Jingming had to stand on the table ______ ______ he could be seen by his fans.
17. He had made a mistake, but then he corrected the situation ______ ______ it got worse.
18. He had made a mistake, but then he corrected the situation ______ ______ ______ the worse consequence.
19. Pop music is such an important part of society ________ it has even influenced our language.
20. His plan was ________ a good one that we all agreed to accept it.
key：1. since 2. unless 3. because 4. where 5. after 6. than 7. as if 8. so that 9. before 10. as 11.if/so long as 12.as 13.unless 14.if 15.where 16. in order that 17. in case 18. in case of 19 that 20 such